If you have been given the news that you have FPHL – Female Pattern Hair Loss or Alopecia, Scalp MicroPigmentation can help.
Female pattern baldness is generally permanent hair loss with limited treatment options, and while some medications, lifestyle and food choices can help, most turn to camouflaging.
Female Pattern Hair Loss affects one in three woman, Hair loss can occur in women for reasons other than female pattern baldness, including the following:
- Temporary shedding of hair that may occur after surgery, pregnancy or after a major illness (telogen effluvium)
- Breaking of hair (from such things as styling treatments and twisting or pulling of hair)
- Patchy areas of total hair loss (alopecia areata – an immune disorder causing temporary hair loss)
- After chemotherapy and from some other medications
- Certain skin condition
- Hormonal imbalance (excess testosterone or thyroid hormone imbalance)
- Iron or vitamin deficiency
- Diseases like diabetes or Lupus
If you are after a simple camouflage option, Scalp MicroPigmentation can certainly help well to create the illusion of a fuller head of hair.